Monday, June 8, 2009

catching up

In May I ran a half marathon relay with my friends. My camera died before it was my turn to run so this is about the only picture I have from the race. All four of us ran our personal best at this race so I felt it was successful---and fun!

This was our memorial day fishing trip.....no fish


This time of year we see a lot of orcas. Male orcas have a very tall fin as you can see above. This fin is probably 6-8 feet tall.


Reid started fishing again in either March or April. Fresh halibut and crab is yummy.


For Spring Break Reid and I had a stay-cation while all of our friends were on a real vacation. We made umbrella drinks and stoked up the fire so we could wear shorts and flip flops around the house. We ate whatever tropical fruit we could find in the grocery store here and watched movies and went out to dinner so that we could pretend that we got out of town and away from the snow.





2 comments:

Emily Norby said...

I like the stay-cation idea. I think this winter we just may have one of our own to break up the monotony of these long, cold Iowa winters!

Caroline said...

fun you have!!! yay for creative people to make a not so creative island come ALIVE!!!