Thursday, February 19, 2009

Steelhead fishing Feb 19

My friend Ben and I went fishing today. It was sunny and cold. We boated into a cove north of town and hiked a little over 5 miles in to hit a few spots and catch a few fish. We caught 3...actually...Ben caught 3. I had to borrow this one.



This is a picture at a lake 4 miles in. Obviously frozen, we skirted around its edge instead of hiking through the snow to fish the river that drained into it. I packed my 30-06 in case of wolf sightings. We saw no wolves, but there were two sets of fresh tracks over our incoming trail we noticed on our way out.


This is Ben with his secret steelhead catching weapon. It's a spin cast rod and real set up with a bobber and pink fly. It dominated my fly rod.




1 comment:

O'Leary O'Family said...

FUN! Looks like what we did last weekend too... with a few differences.