Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Goat Hunt September 19-23


Here is my first goat. It was 3 1/2 years old with 7 1/2 inch horns.

It was a little over a 6 hour hike from our float plane drop off to the top of the mountain we camped on. This is a rock chute we climbed through on our way to the top.

Camp

This is Ben and I. Ben was the one responsible for the hunt. He also shot a goat the same age but with shorter but thicker horns. We didn't see a lot of goats where we were hunting. We worked hard for the goats we got and even harder after we got them.

One last picture of my goat.













3 comments:

O'Leary O'Family said...

That is crazy. It does not make me upset that I'm not a hunter!

Caroline said...

it looks like the goat is smiling...

Reid and Mishel Stovall said...

So, funny story:
I just found a State Trooper in my driveway walking around the side of the house. Apparently because Reid used his MT cell phone number on his goat tag, he is under investigation to make sure he really is an Alaskan resident! I wonder what they would do if they decided he wasn't a resident? would they send us back to Montana? hmmmmm......maybe I should have answered his questions a little differently!