Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Sunny Day in Ketchikan

On Saturday the weather was really nice so we took advantage and went for a boat ride up to Traitors Cove--hoping to see some bears for next week's black bear hunt with Jesse. We didn't see any bears, but saw a lot of other things! If you look closely you can see the back of these 2 humpback whales. Just an FYI: I am not using the zoom feature on my camera for this shot. They were really that close!

Max wanted to show off his Camo up at Margaret Creek. There is a fish ladder at Margaret Creek and in the fall people spend over $400 per person to fly here in a float plane and watch the bears eat the salmon jumping up the falls here. There is a really nice trail and viewing platform.


Above the falls at Margaret Lake.


After Traitors Cove we took the boat to Neets Bay. These seals got a little jumpy when we got too close so I had to zoom in to get a shot of them before they jumped in the water. There are 2 white seals up there. That is good bear country behind them! There is a hatchery in this bay so we will be back next week!


Notice that on a sunny day in Ketchikan, we are still pretty layered up! Who needs that pesky sun and warmth on their skin anyway right?

p.s. I DO!!!

2 comments:

Emily Norby said...

Has anyone mentioned how great you look in camouflage? I only wish I could pull it off in my midwest setting...

Reid and Mishel Stovall said...

We all know that I LOVE camo! but it has to be the real stuff.